Saturday, February 24, 2007

 
"I watched the video of him leaving. He held the large manila envelope with the photos we gave in in front of himself--as if in benediction-- with the four fingers of his left hand on the outside. While he was walking he seemed to make a point of pausing, squaring the envelope perpendicular to the floor, once towards the louvered door to the furnace room; once directed down the hall to the living room and once after turning back towards me standing ten feet away in the kitchen. I imagined he had pesticide poppers sticking to the tips of his fingers and was using the envelope to pop them and keep the blowback off his clothes."
---"Do you have any idea how crazy you sound?"
"Well if I can't tell you, who can I tell?"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?