Wednesday, January 31, 2007

 
"I'm a silly man with silly thoughts and silly concerns."
---"Were you a silly boy?"
"Not goofy, funny or queer. -- Inconsequential, insignificant and insubstantial."
---"Light-weight?"
"For as long as I can remember I saw that others--not me--were animated from within by a sense of themselves and energized from without by the knowledge that "me and mine" is a claim they all shared."
---"We are the world."
"I use to think I was afraid to grapple and grab for mine, that I was a coward. I may also be incapable of reading the signs, unable to make out the constellations everyone follows."
---"Starstruck? Moonstruck? . ..Night-blind?...Earthbound?"
"Unmindful of the scrolling sky and unaware of the maps of desire, I may be the silliest man on earth."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?