Monday, December 25, 2006

 
"Saturday I went for a drive to see what the Nature Conservancy was doing with that donated land near Route 41."
---"Around where Hitchcock filmed Cary Grant being chased by a crop-duster?"
"That's the place, flat and empty."
---"North by Northwest."
"I was walking in one of their fields when a flock of about two hundred starlings came flying over. They were close, strung out rather then bunched together, and as the flock tried to avoid flying directly over me --I must have surprised them-- I saw it become a single moving organism and as it undulated I could feel the movement of this huge chattering waving thing in the pit of my stomach--for a few seconds anyway--then thought about Chinese dragons. ... Amazing huh?"
---"You don't go in for sports do you?"
"Walking."
---"Walking's not a sport. No one pays to watch people walk."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?